Unanswered: Data Warehouse version levels

I know this may sound like a stupid question but here goes. Where do I find the version requirements for DB2 Datawarehouse. I'm running version 8 on a windows 2K server, I'm trying to connect and link to files on an AS/400 running V4R5. It's not going exactly like I thought it should. I can see some of the files but get errors when I try to sample the data.

Help Please!

Hi,

Warehouse version is the same version as database.
    How to check the version of database? Command: db2level

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

I'm sorry, what I was refering to was the version of the OS for the AS/400. I'm running version 8 from an NT server and I'm working with an AS/400 that is running V4R5. Can this be done? I'm getting an error that says the library SYSIBM cannot be found. From what I'm hearing is that this is a library that was added for V5R1. I'm just trying to understand all this new stuff.

Thanks

Originally posted by grofaty
    Hi,

Warehouse version is the same version as database.
    How to check the version of database? Command: db2level

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty

I just read an article in the "zjournal" (www.zjournal.com for free subscription) by Craig Mullins that says Version 4 was "Withdrawn from service" on December 31, 2001 (No Tech support)....

My bet is you need to up-grade AS/400 version before communications will work.

Good luck with it -
    Rick

Thanks Rick. I just found yesterday a PTF that is supposed to add the library that I need. We just ordered the cd. We are going to be upgrading our box but it's going to take a little time to happen.

Originally posted by Rick-dba
    I just read an article in the "zjournal" (www.zjournal.com for free subscription) by Craig Mullins that says Version 4 was "Withdrawn from service" on December 31, 2001 (No Tech support)....

My bet is you need to up-grade AS/400 version before communications will work.

Good luck with it -
    Rick