Washington D.C.

Unanswered: Runtime error 2176 The setting for this property is too long

I have a form which has a couple of text boxes.
    The text boxes are bound to a SQL Server table with Varchar (8000) Data type. Due to the fact that there is a long text in each control box, I have created a Zoom functionality.
    I have crated a new Text box control named ZText (unbound) which is invisible until the zoom button is clicked.
    After the user clicks the Zoom button, the Ztext control box becomes visible on the form which is larger than the original one. Then I put the text from the original control box (IssueTxt) to the Zoom one. It works so far and the user can view the contect in a larger box. But the problem is when I want to save the edits (if any). When I want to set the orginal text box to the new, if the text is long I get the following error:
    Runtime error 2176,The setting for this property is too long

Here is the code I use for save:

Private Sub SEdit_Click()
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
    Dim text As String
    text = Me!Ztext.Text
    Me!IssueTxt.Text = text

Me!Ztext.Visible = False
    Me!SEdit.Visible = False
    Me!close.Visible = False
    Me!YBox.Visible = False
    End Sub

any ideas what the problem could be?
    The intellect is better than desire, for the intellect makes you a king over your destiny, and desire makes you a slave of your destiny.

Late relpy, yes, but here's the solution: use the .Value property instead of the .Text property. Pitfall for VB programmers!!!
    Follow Christ. Cheat Death.

Préverenges, Switzerland
    Shift-F2 is not good enough?

currently using SS 2008R2