Exclamation Unanswered: bypass recovery and bring online

I have forgot the number to bypass recovery and bring database online, I know its the status in sysdatabases, but -32678 bypasses but does not bring online, and there's some dbcc commands I want to run, but to do this the database has to be online (and in single user!)

Thanks in Advance..

Post number of bypass recovery

Hi,

the bypass recovery is the number -32768 that goes into the status of a database on the table sysdatabases, so you were almost right.

good luck...

Re: bypass recovery and bring online

-32768 is supposed to bypass recovery. It does not instruct the database to go offline.
    It's likely that the bit 16 is set in status2 because this will offline a db.

-Tezza.

Originally posted by syb_fkup
    I have forgot the number to bypass recovery and bring database online, I know its the status in sysdatabases, but -32678 bypasses but does not bring online, and there's some dbcc commands I want to run, but to do this the database has to be online (and in single user!)

Thanks in Advance..

Red face

Thanks for the help, my database is now online in bypass recovery mode, I have ran dbcc checks and there are a few errors.. namely asking me to drop and recreate indexes (see below). Other than that the dbcc checkdb runs fine.. Anyone suggest what to do? Are csystabstats and sysstatistics linked in some way.

Msg 7928, Level 18, State 1:
    Line 1:
    Index csystabstats is not consistent; found 858 leaf rows but 859 data rows.
    Drop and recreate the index.
    Checking sysstatistics
    The total number of data pages in this table is 93.
    The total number of empty pages (with all deleted rows) in this table is 1.
    The total number of pages which could be garbage collected to free up some space
    is 50.
    Table has 1216 data rows.
    Msg 2510, Level 16, State 2:
    Line 1:
    Key mismatch between index page 437 (row 7) and data page 22808 in database
    'production_db'. Drop and re-create index id 2 of table 'sysstatistics'.

Once again thanks for the help...