Thread: ESQL Libraries

Unanswered: ESQL Libraries

Hi!

I've just installed IDS 9.21 on SunOS 5.7, and Web Datablade module v4.11.UC1. I'm trying to configure the Webdriver for Apache Web Server, and apparently I need the $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql/ libraries. But, those libraries don't exist, and I never was prompted during the installation process for installing them or not (neither with the "informix" nor the "root" installer scripts). Should I do anything else to install those libraries? (it didn't seem so in the docs I've had a look at...).

Thanks in advance,

Manu.

Re: ESQL Libraries

Originally posted by mjsv
    Hi!

I've just installed IDS 9.21 on SunOS 5.7, and Web Datablade module v4.11.UC1. I'm trying to configure the Webdriver for Apache Web Server, and apparently I need the $INFORMIXDIR/lib/esql/ libraries. But, those libraries don't exist, and I never was prompted during the installation process for installing them or not (neither with the "informix" nor the "root" installer scripts). Should I do anything else to install those libraries? (it didn't seem so in the docs I've had a look at...).

Thanks in advance,

Manu.
    You need to install the Informix Client SDK. It is a seperately provided/sold package.

Ok thank you, I already "realized" some hours ago. The doc I got and the own one from Informix seems to a bit defficient. But thank you anyway!