Unanswered: OPENROESET/sp_addlinkedserver with DTSPackageDSO

Hello,

I did create a simple package, named 'Pkg2' using SQLServer connection and Execute SQL Task, which has a simple query "Select * from XXX'. This has one Global variable id, mapped to key of XXX. When I run this package using DTSRun and Enterprise manager, it works.

When I try to run it using external sources like OPENROWSET and sp_addlinkedserver, it is returning following error:
    "Server: Msg 7350, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
    Could not get the column information from the OLE DB provider 'DTSPackageDSO'.
    [OLE/DB provider returned message: The named Step could not be found or could not supply metadata. Ensure the Step and all referenced objects exist.]"

This is my command, Select id from OPENROWSET('DTSPackageDSO', '/SSAUNIX2-NT50 /Usa /NPkg2', 'Select * from Pkg2.DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1')

or sp_addlinkedserver MyDTSPackage, 'PackageName', 'DTSPackageDSO', '/FC:\cvs_saunix\Pkg21.dts' and 'select * from MyDTSPackage...DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1'

sp_addlinkedserver returns, 1 record added message twice instead server added.

I'll appreciate if some body can help...

Edit the package and set transformation to be a DSO provider under workflow options.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

Originally posted by Satya
    Edit the package and set transformation to be a DSO provider under workflow options.
    Thanks Satya,
    This is what I did: Right click on the task, select the workflow->workflow properties, then option tab and in execution, check DSO Service Provider. Result:
    "Could not get the column information from the OLE DB provider 'DTSPackageDSO'.
    [OLE/DB provider returned message: No Step name was specified and the provider was unable to determine a single Step returning a result set.]"
    Is there any problem with the way, I am creating the package? Can you provide me one working example?

-Piyush