Thread: dbforums logo

dbforums logo

I got bored;
    http://isitaboat.co.uk/dbforums.html

I kinda redid the dbforums logo in flash - I say kinda redid because it's just a copy with some flashy bits. It's 2k bigger than the orignal. Oh well. This is what happens when you get bored.

Re: dbforums logo

Originally posted by rhs98
    I got bored;
    http://isitaboat.co.uk/dbforums.html

I kinda redid the dbforums logo in flash - I say kinda redid because it's just a copy with some flashy bits. It's 2k bigger than the orignal. Oh well. This is what happens when you get bored.
    It's nice, but it would be better if the logo were a big blinking animated GIF that was centered in the window using absolute CSS positioning floating over everything else. And maybe it could advertise X-11 cameras, too.

(kidding... kidding...)

I like how the movable stuff is real little. Nice touch rhs98!
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

The animated bit looks good. However, since not everyone has a flash player plugin installed, an animated gif with the same kind of effect would suit better (if Paul decides to change it, at all ).

Yeah I know what you mean, I can do that in .gif too but flash is better. Most people have it anyways, also its possible to detect if the plugin is installed or not and display the appropriate version (i.e. static gif or flash)...

I have PM'd Paul but as usual he is busy, and probably has better things to do!

Thumbs up

it looks nice but i think it needs to be a little more "flashy". Think about it, why go through all the trouble of making something with flash if theres not much moving around.

You gotta make it like flipping around and growing and shrinking, but I guess if you did that it would turn into more of and advertisement...
    Mr. Lars

Looks good to me
    J^ - web | email
    newsASP Developer