Unanswered: Finding records with a form

I am a beginner in programming in MS Access. I have a table with account information on it. Basically, I just want to build a form where I can click a button and able to search the records in the table. If there is a match, the matching record should show up on the form...

Would it better to do a macro and attach to the command button on the form or should i write some VB codes for the command button. Can someone help? Appreciate it!

VB Code is the way to go

Give us some more information regarding the table you want to search. Field names, etc and what type of searchs you require

Mark

The table would have field names like Account#, AccountName, CustomerID, CustomerName, etc... Basically, on the form, there will be a textbox where user can enter an Account#, and a command button named Search where user can click on the button.. If the account# entered matches with an account# on the table. The details on the account like acct#, acct name, customer#, customer name will then show up on a form...

I just need to know how to write the code for the command button.

Thanks for the help..

One Last Question

Are you going to need to search only one of the fields or multiple?

Mark

just one.. thanks

Searching records

Mummmy,
    It was easier for me to create a sample db then to go into some long disertation. The db contains 1 table, 1 query, and 2 forms. On the sample search form type one of the values on the bottom of the form into the appropriate text box then click the search button. This is not the only way that you can do what you want but it is an easy concept to understand. If you have any question let me know

Good Luck,

Mark
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mark Gambo; 05-21-03 at 22:13.

Smile

Thanks Mark. I'll try that.