Unanswered: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist

When I try to install MSDE Service Pack 3:

MSDE fails with Setup failed to configure the server in the MSDE2k.log. Check logs yeah, yeah.

I am getting this message in the cnfgsvr.out log: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Shared Memory]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. The last line in the cnfgsvr.out log is SQL Server configuration failed.

Any ideas?

Check in the SQL Error Log, NT Event Log and make sure that there are no access violations on the server. The communication failure is usually due to some network issues.

Use TCP/IP as default netlib and try.

FOr informtion refer to this KBA and make sure it doesn't fall in this category.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

TCP\IP is set as the defualt netlib and I have a ton of people who are using the same setup for a program we created but this particular gentleman is experiencing the problem. I beleive it is something system related.

I will check the link you provided.

The operating system is Windows 98 Second Edition and they are only running the MSDE SP3 version provided with my program. The link you provided does not appear to be the answer since they do not have C.A.

Thank you for responding though.