Unanswered: remote connection thru jdbc is failing

hi,
    I am trying to connect to Db2 using jdbc driver "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver" and url "jdbc:db2://dummyhost:50000/dbname". I also did "db2jstrt 50000" just before running the program. but still connection is failing, giving the following error message "Unsupported JDBC Server configuration", what does it mean? and how to solve it?

thanks in advnc
    -ravi.

Re: remote connection thru jdbc is failing

In the default settigs, the instance listens on port 50000, unless you have configured it otherwise .....

If your instance SVCENAME corresponds to the port 50000, then do a db2jstrt on some other port and then connect ....

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by vishwapathi
    hi,
    I am trying to connect to Db2 using jdbc driver "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver" and url "jdbc:db2://dummyhost:50000/dbname". I also did "db2jstrt 50000" just before running the program. but still connection is failing, giving the following error message "Unsupported JDBC Server configuration", what does it mean? and how to solve it?

thanks in advnc
    -ravi.

Re: remote connection thru jdbc is failing

I tried it with 6000 but of no use.

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    In the default settigs, the instance listens on port 50000, unless you have configured it otherwise .....

If your instance SVCENAME corresponds to the port 50000, then do a db2jstrt on some other port and then connect ....

Cheers

Sathyaram