Unanswered: connection to the MySQL server

,Hi

I had an MSAccess database that I converted to MySQL. The idea was to use the Access forms and queries with the tables in MySQL. So I setup the server and I have no problem connecting to the MySQL database from the same machine, where MySQL server is,
    But when I try to open the same Access database from another machine I get the message that ODBC failed and could not open the database, I tried installing MyODBC on another machine but it didn’t help…
    so I think my problem is connection to the MySQL server…

Any help is appreciated
    Thanks

Re: connection to the MySQL server

Originally posted by guest2
    ,Hi

I had an MSAccess database that I converted to MySQL. The idea was to use the Access forms and queries with the tables in MySQL. So I setup the server and I have no problem connecting to the MySQL database from the same machine, where MySQL server is,
    But when I try to open the same Access database from another machine I get the message that ODBC failed and could not open the database, I tried installing MyODBC on another machine but it didn’t help…
    so I think my problem is connection to the MySQL server…

Any help is appreciated
    Thanks
    most likely you dont put a wildcard % (that allow a user to connect from a computer other than localhost) in user table. Further info is at: http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Adding_users.html

hope this helps
    qha_vn