Thread: Can't Open MDB!

Exclamation Unanswered: Can't Open MDB!

When I open my database I get this error.

"The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time."

I can't import it from Excel(same error), and I've tried to decompile it from a dos line command and nothing.

I'm pretty sure the error developed when the program was shutdown during data entry because of a power outage. I believe it's just a small corruption, but I'm stuck.

I've demo'd some of the "office recovery" programs out there, but I would really rather not pay $150-400 to fix it unless I really have to.

Have you tried the repair database in Access?

HTH
    texasalynn

I've tried the repair, Same error, It can't open it to repair it.

BTW I'm using access 2k and win2k.

Provided Answers: 5

try this

We get that all the time here are some of the reasons

if an ldb file was not completely deleted your userid may "virtually" in that db at one time.

try coming into the db as a different user and not exclusivley

have you tried any of Microsofts jetcom utilities

Importing into a new container may not work if you cannot access the db at all

I am an ex_Microsoft Internal trainer for MS Access so I could probably help if I had more info.

The database was being used by one person, it was located on their local machine, and the machine was off network. The db was closed due to power failure when the user was editing. I've tried the jetcomp and once again, it has to open it before it can fix it. I've even tried decompiling it from a runline, but no luck.

Provided Answers: 5
    Originally posted by Doc_Stihl
    The database was being used by one person, it was located on their local machine, and the machine was off network. The db was closed due to power failure when the user was editing. I've tried the jetcomp and once again, it has to open it before it can fix it. I've even tried decompiling it from a runline, but no luck.

have you tried to link to the tables from a new db or do you still get the errors?

could be corruption

when the db is closed are there any ldb files on the system

have you moved the db to a new pc?

I've moved it to a new computer.

I can't open the DB at all. Linking the tables I get the same error.