Unhappy Unanswered: Expert help needed!!

Hi everyone,

We tried to install our software on a customer site yesterday and this error raised:

"The expression On Open you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: License information for this component not found. You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment.

* The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure].
    * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro."

It's the first time I see this error, so any advice is welcome.

Thanks!!

Provided Answers: 5
    Any activex controls on the form and what version of Access
    Are there two versions of Access on the machine
    And is there any code behind the form on the On OPen event

There's no activeX control on the first form but there is some code on the OnOpen event.
    What I don't understand is that we never had this problem before. We supply an Access2002 Runtime version with the software and I don't know if our customer had a former version of Access on this machine.

Is that because of the license issue that you assume it could be an Access version issue?

Thanks for your help.

Victor

Provided Answers: 5
    Originally posted by thorgnole
    There's no activeX control on the first form but there is some code on the OnOpen event.
    What I don't understand is that we never had this problem before. We supply an Access2002 Runtime version with the software and I don't know if our customer had a former version of Access on this machine.

Is that because of the license issue that you assume it could be an Access version issue?

Thanks for your help.

Victor
    there in might be the answer - are you packaging up a created MDW file or the default system.mdw? Could be that user groups created (if created with the system.mdw are not in place if the users are using the system.mdw that comes with all office products. run the workgroup administer app to see which mdw they attach to when access starts. Just a guess but I think we may be in the right ballpark

I'm sorry but I don't know what a MDW file is. So I have to admit that I couldn't understand your last answer. Could you maybe explain to me what a MDW file is, briefly? (I tried to look in Access help and couldn't find anything about it)

Thanks