Unanswered: Totals in Page Footers

I can easily put a total in the report footer by adding a textbox and entering the formula =Sum([YTDReceipts]) as the control.

However, when I try to do the same thing on the Page Footer to get a total outlay for the inventory items on a page (for example), all I get is "error" in the textbox when I preview the report.

Re: Totals in Page Footers

Originally posted by thoffer
    I can easily put a total in the report footer by adding a textbox and entering the formula =Sum([YTDReceipts]) as the control.

However, when I try to do the same thing on the Page Footer to get a total outlay for the inventory items on a page (for example), all I get is "error" in the textbox when I preview the report.
    please try putting a sum textbox in report footer then refer the textbox in page footer to that in report footer.

hope this helps
    qha_vn

Putting a reference to the sum from the report/footer works but that only puts the grand total on each page. What I'm trying to do is generate a total for the items listed on the page itself. Any other ideas!
    Thanks

Originally posted by thoffer
    Putting a reference to the sum from the report/footer works but that only puts the grand total on each page. What I'm trying to do is generate a total for the items listed on the page itself. Any other ideas!
    Thanks
    my God, sorry i miss understood. get no idea now coz its not that simple. anyone can help both of us????

fyi, am still finding a way to go around
    qha_vn

instead of sum you could try
    Dsum("<field>","<table/query>"[, "<Criteria>"])

but other than that the best i can think of is grouping the data so a sum accross the group works
    Last edited by m.timoney; 05-28-03 at 08:10.
    Definition of a Beginner, Someone who doesn't know the rules.

Definition of an Expert, Someone who knows when to ignore the rules.