I have a situation I'm hoping someone else has come across. I work on a unit that has some old MS Access code ('97) that is in the process of being converted to '02 (XP). In the meantime our NT users are still running on '97 and are suddenly experiencing random errors when it comes to opening and processing query's.
Here is a sample of the code that I'm getting the error on:
DoCmd.OpenQuery "Sales Totals Query", , acViewNormal
The error reads:
Run-time error '3000'.
Reserved error (-1517); there is no message for this error.
There are two different apps (front and backend) both are Access '97. The data does not seem to be the issue as I have tested the code from the '02 frontend and have no problems. It's specific to the frontend portion.
It failed in another spot the other day and now it's doing it here. I tried compact and repair, that failed. I rewrote the code still with no success.