Exclamation Unanswered: Reserved Error in Access '97

Good morning!

I have a situation I'm hoping someone else has come across. I work on a unit that has some old MS Access code ('97) that is in the process of being converted to '02 (XP). In the meantime our NT users are still running on '97 and are suddenly experiencing random errors when it comes to opening and processing query's.
    Here is a sample of the code that I'm getting the error on:
    DoCmd.OpenQuery "Sales Totals Query", , acViewNormal

The error reads:
    Run-time error '3000'.
    Reserved error (-1517); there is no message for this error.

Thanks

Provided Answers: 5
    If this is a frontend to linked tables - are you touching the data with the xp version?

Try to import all of the objects into a new container(s) (mdb)

Put the entire app frontend and backend on a stand alone - do the rrors still occurr?

There are two different apps (front and backend) both are Access '97. The data does not seem to be the issue as I have tested the code from the '02 frontend and have no problems. It's specific to the frontend portion.
    It failed in another spot the other day and now it's doing it here. I tried compact and repair, that failed. I rewrote the code still with no success.

when you say that it failed do you mean the repair process failed or the repair faled to fix the problem?

if the repair fails import the objects into a new db or try to decompile /recompile from the command line.

It failed to resolve the problem.
    I swapped the form out used the one from '02 and it still failed. I'm wondering if the DB itself is just corrupt.

Create a blank database and then import all of the objects into the new database

Go to the VB window and then compile the entire project.

See if that fixes the error