Unanswered: Files are missing or not registered...files not registered

Hello,
    I am having a problem connecting to SQL server 2000 through enterprise manager. Whenever i try to look at a table, view or DTS package I get the message...

"The query cannot be executed because some files are either missing or not registered. Run setup again to make sure the required files are registered."

I have tried to re-register, unregister and re-register.

I have tried to create a new instance of SQL server and attach the Data files to this.

I have tried to Re-install client tools.

The only option I am left with is totally removing SQL server and re-installing then restoring the Databases from a backup tape...
    I just wanted to know if anyone has anyother ideas before i go ahead and do this.
    Thanks in advance.

JF

One more thing...
    I can access all of the tables through access and excel and other data analyzers as I normally would.
    Last edited by josef fukano; 05-23-03 at 20:26.

Re: Files are missing or not registered...files not registered

hi
    have you tried checking the error on microsoft tech net, they dont always mean what they say. have had lot of success in the past

all the best

Originally posted by josef fukano
    Hello,
    I am having a problem connecting to SQL server 2000 through enterprise manager. Whenever i try to look at a table, view or DTS package I get the message...

"The query cannot be executed because some files are either missing or not registered. Run setup again to make sure the required files are registered."

I have tried to re-register, unregister and re-register.

I have tried to create a new instance of SQL server and attach the Data files to this.

I have tried to Re-install client tools.

The only option I am left with is totally removing SQL server and re-installing then restoring the Databases from a backup tape...
    I just wanted to know if anyone has anyother ideas before i go ahead and do this.
    Thanks in advance.

JF

One more thing...
    I can access all of the tables through access and excel and other data analyzers as I normally would.

Re: Files are missing or not registered...files not registered

Originally posted by kpaynter
    hi
    have you tried checking the error on microsoft tech net, they dont always mean what they say. have had lot of success in the past

all the best
    kpaynter

I found this article on microsoft tech net...

http://support.microsoft.com/default...en-us%3b315868

On it has commands to be ran in command promt.
    It did the trick, thank you very much for your reply...
    You saved my 3 day weekend!!!!
    Thanks again,
    JF