Unanswered: Printing reports using Word and Excel

How can I print out reports from with my database by using Word and or excel? Can I hide Word and Excel from the user so they don't know what is going on?

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Printing reports using Word and Excel

Originally posted by Mark Gambo
    How can I print out reports from with my database by using Word and or excel? Can I hide Word and Excel from the user so they don't know what is going on?

Thanks,

Mark
    using ms query for data access from word or excel.

what do you really want in "hide word and excel...."? is that hiding your codes?
    qha_vn

I assume that when you send data to either Word or Excel that program opens up. I want to prevent the user from seeing Word/Excel program.

Thanks

Mark

Originally posted by Mark Gambo
    I assume that when you send data to either Word or Excel that program opens up. I want to prevent the user from seeing Word/Excel program.

Thanks

Mark
    if thats the case, then you would need to write a lot of vb codes. generally (maybe) these steps:

- A print report button is pushed in your form that start excel/word application in 'invisible/hide mode' and
    - open the excel/word report file and
    - the codes maybe either in access or in excel/word file (run automatically when the file is open) will get data from access database thru ms query and
    - print some report sheets/ pages and
    - close the file and the application.

i think this method would be quite complex, but its possible.
    qha_vn