Unanswered: paradox8 with windows XP

Is it passible to run within win xp a application from paradox 8
    I have try to run my app that i have developt in win 98 ( her its is working perfect ) to run under win Xp now i get the warning that there is a problem
    Exception Einerror in module (name of my app) nr........... I/O error 183

Wen i try to run the original samples from pd8 i get the same error

Please help me

Sorry for my Engelisch

You should use the compatibility mode of Win XP: right click on the link you use to start up paradox, select properties, then the compatibility taab, and then select Windows98.

Bye!
    The only failure is not trying to do it.

Same Problem

I've got the same Problem.

I tried to change the Compatibility-Mode to Win 98, but the Problem isn't solve.

What can i do ?

Remember : I run Paradox 8 under win 98-Mode in win-xp.

After starting i get an Error 183 from my Application

Please help !!!!!

Greetings from Germany

Michael

Have you tried verifying the file permissions on all the files of your DB, and on all PDOX and BDE files, setting them to All permissions to Everyone?

It does seem a file access problem, especially if the files from your app were already V. 8 files.

Delete and re-install Paradox and the BDE. Apply service packs and re-boot.

I run Pdox 8 and 9 on my XP development machine without using compatibility mode, and have installed the runtime versions on about 150 XP PCs in our network. Nothing special except to make sure the Borland and Corel folders are wide open as far as permissions are concerned.

Unhappy ...but it doesn't work

I installed Paradox 8 once again, I set the attributes of all files and folders at "all rights"......but it doesn't work.

The development suite works without any problems, but every kind of exe-file (as well as the examples) sends the message "E/A Error 183 in .....exe".

Any ideas?

Did you apply the service packs?

Are you using the Application Framework? If so it could be the problem as I have heard not much good about it.

I've got no service packs ? where can i get it ?

I think, i use the framework, i don't know any other way to build an exe File in Paradox.

Is there an other way ?

You can get the service packs from ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/Paradox/paradox8/

(I'd get and run both executables) - make sure to re-boot afterwards, even though it doesn't call for it.

I use Runtime, as the application framework has a shady reputation and most programmers stay far away from it.

Originally posted by lamarq
    I've got no service packs ? where can i get it ?

I think, i use the framework, i don't know any other way to build an exe File in Paradox.

Is there an other way ?
    No, there's NO other way you can build an exe file; but using the runtime is almost identical: simply you have to create a link to the runtime executable followed by the full path to your application first form; if you want, you can deliver the form to make it run automatically, and protect your source code from being viewed.