Thread: missing .dll's

Angry missing .dll's

Good afternoon;

Don't know if I am anywhere I'm supposed to be as surfing your board I find I may be in way over my head.

I have spent 5 days trying to find our what is wrong with our system. XP Home edition. IE 7 OE 6 1.6 MGHZ 256meg mem. 30Gig. hd. 70% free 1gig cach 1gig virtual mem. Norton Pro. 2003 ..........

OK --- to the problem.

Our system is running like molasses. We connect at 56k actually 50.02 which is exelent for dial up. We have never had any problems there.
    We have all the updates, both from MS & Norton, but we can't seem to get the updates from Norton to stay. Explination....

4 days ago our system would not shut down from the MS update. I had to do a cold shutdown. Since all updates from Norton won't take. They say they are, and installed, but on return to the live update it says that these same fixes need to be installed.
    It gave an error message saying that our system had a visitor " Maybe ", but to solve this problem shut the system down and Norton will reset things back to normal. ( Not ). So the next fix was to uninstall Norton and reinstall it. ( 4 times I've done this ) with the same outcome.

So my wife and I did a 70 page print out of our intire system to see if we could find what program/s were hooked or trying to modify our system 32.dll causing the slowdown and the inability to run the Norton programs.

We went to Norton's site and did a scan from there and they only scanned the open files.

There is more. I will cut this off because of space. But the iecont.dll and the iecontlc.dll and the ieinit.inf are not there. ( Missing/not available )
    Dave

Angry once again

We have been to www.dll-files and google. Google was a joke, I found several offerings for the one file, but no where to download it.
    Don't misunderstand, google has always been the first place I've gone, but this time it was not helpful.
    Dave

Re: missing .dll's

same problem here....512megs of mem governing a 30gig hd and an 80gig hd running windows xp pro sp1a. should be no big deal, but i find myself more often then not running at speeds slower then i had when i was on dial up and my CPU usage is consistantly running above 90%. Missing the same drivers as you are. IE 6.1a here too. Ever figure out the cause / solution?
    Thanks!

Originally posted by Dave_Cat
    Good afternoon;

Don't know if I am anywhere I'm supposed to be as surfing your board I find I may be in way over my head.

I have spent 5 days trying to find our what is wrong with our system. XP Home edition. IE 7 OE 6 1.6 MGHZ 256meg mem. 30Gig. hd. 70% free 1gig cach 1gig virtual mem. Norton Pro. 2003 ..........

OK --- to the problem.

Our system is running like molasses. We connect at 56k actually 50.02 which is exelent for dial up. We have never had any problems there.
    We have all the updates, both from MS & Norton, but we can't seem to get the updates from Norton to stay. Explination....

4 days ago our system would not shut down from the MS update. I had to do a cold shutdown. Since all updates from Norton won't take. They say they are, and installed, but on return to the live update it says that these same fixes need to be installed.
    It gave an error message saying that our system had a visitor " Maybe ", but to solve this problem shut the system down and Norton will reset things back to normal. ( Not ). So the next fix was to uninstall Norton and reinstall it. ( 4 times I've done this ) with the same outcome.

So my wife and I did a 70 page print out of our intire system to see if we could find what program/s were hooked or trying to modify our system 32.dll causing the slowdown and the inability to run the Norton programs.

We went to Norton's site and did a scan from there and they only scanned the open files.

There is more. I will cut this off because of space. But the iecont.dll and the iecontlc.dll and the ieinit.inf are not there. ( Missing/not available )
    Dave

Re: missing .dll's

Originally posted by Dave_Cat
    Good afternoon;

OK --- to the problem.

Dave

Hello there...
    If any one knows how to restore dll files let me know I am in need of (iecont.dll) and (iecontlc.dll) HELP if you can. Thanks all...
    P.S. I can't seem to figure out what to do about a supposed Trojan virus either. If you could give me some additional assistance it would be nice...

Hey Dave, Here's the link to download those two dll's.
    I haven't really found any problems not having them, but I've only been on XP pro for a few days an am not use to it yet. Dialing up doesn't seem any slower now then it did when I first dialed up on xp or win98 though.
    http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/index.shtml
    I was able to download them from there. There are three screens to download each file, but you can download them.