Unanswered: Importing problem

I hope someone can give me a solution to my problem.

Im having difficulty importing a table. When I attempt to import I get a message saying that the Microsoft jet engine stopped the process becuase you and another user are attemping to change the same data at the same time.

I tried to importing the all the tables and forms etc into a new DB to try to over come a problem im having in compacting my DB. No one appears to be in the DB while Im importing.

do you have any problem using the file that you're trying to import its forms/ tables into a new file?

have you tried "compact and repair database" function in TOOLS menu?

have you tried to create tables with same definitions as those you want to import and import only data?

just some thoughts to share
    qha_vn

me again,

have you try to do the import from another well-running computer?

have you try to re-install ms office? take a close look at ms access version that created the source file and the version you are trying the import. they should be the same. or try to convert it to newer version before importing its objects.

have you try to EXPORT instead of import?
    qha_vn

Hi Qha

I tried all the things you suggested and I had no luck. I however manage to find the problem. In one of my table this "#error" apprears in one of the fields. It has occurred in few record sets. The only way I can get rid of it is if I delete the record entirely.