Thread: Ora-01455

Unanswered: Ora-01455

Hi Everybody,

I am a powerbuilder developer. For a particular case, the select statement executed from within the Powerbuilder code throws this error,

ORA-01455: converting column overflows integer datatype .

The database table column is number(15) and the powerbuilder variable is of ULong datatype. The value that I am trying to get into the PB variable with the "Select" statement is far lesser than the max. value allowed for the Ulong datatype in PB. I am unable to figure out what the exact problem is. Please reply.

Thanks.

regards,
    Pallavi

Re: Ora-01455

I vaguely remember getting similar errors. If the oracle column contains only integers, try changing the PB variable's datatype to integer.

Sorry, I dont recollect my exact cause.

Originally posted by Pallavi_KP
    Hi Everybody,

I am a powerbuilder developer. For a particular case, the select statement executed from within the Powerbuilder code throws this error,

ORA-01455: converting column overflows integer datatype .

The database table column is number(15) and the powerbuilder variable is of ULong datatype. The value that I am trying to get into the PB variable with the "Select" statement is far lesser than the max. value allowed for the Ulong datatype in PB. I am unable to figure out what the exact problem is. Please reply.

Thanks.

regards,
    Pallavi