Thread: 2 subforms

Unanswered: 2 subforms

Is it possible to have 2 subforms on a report and which would actually display the same set of records but would not repeat any records between the same subforms. I'm trying to come up with a way of displaying only 2 records per page and need to format it in exact positions.

Re: 2 subforms

Originally posted by leeroy
    Is it possible to have 2 subforms on a report and which would actually display the same set of records but would not repeat any records between the same subforms. I'm trying to come up with a way of displaying only 2 records per page and need to format it in exact positions.
    can you pls give an example of how the report looks like? am still quite confused about what you are asking.
    qha_vn

We're printing out preprinted forms in a dot matrix impact printer. The pre printed form is on letter size paper. Each letter size paper has two identical forms perforated in the middle to seperate the two. In Access I have not found a way to position exactly two records per letter size sheet. I was thinking that by putting 2 subforms I can position the two forms exactly where I want them on the sheet. But by doing this I'll get duplicate information because the the 2 subforms would be essentially identical. If there's some way of having the 2 subforms not print the identical info I would be all done. Unless of course there's a way to print only 2 records per form/report.

We're printing out preprinted forms in a dot matrix impact printer. The pre printed form is on letter size paper. Each letter size paper has two identical forms perforated in the middle to seperate the two. In Access I have not found a way to position exactly two records per letter size sheet. I was thinking that by putting 2 subforms I can position the two forms exactly where I want them on the sheet. But by doing this I'll get duplicate information because the the 2 subforms would be essentially identical. If there's some way of having the 2 subforms not print the identical info I would be all done. Unless of course there's a way to print only 2 records per form/report.
    have you tried a using mod 2 on an numeric key?

ie sub 1 does
    key mod 2 = 1
    and sub 2 does
    key mod 2 = 0
    this way one form shows the odd numbers the other the even
    Definition of a Beginner, Someone who doesn't know the rules.

Definition of an Expert, Someone who knows when to ignore the rules.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a beginner. Where exactly would I place the key mod entries?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a beginner. Where exactly would I place the key mod entries?
    you'd to have 2 querys one that takes all the keys where key mod 2 = 0
    and the other that has key mod 2 = 1
    then using select distict combine them into 1 query that has 2 records a row
    Definition of a Beginner, Someone who doesn't know the rules.

Definition of an Expert, Someone who knows when to ignore the rules.