Unanswered: cannot run query--referenced object dropping during query optimization

I am getting this error when I try to access logins.
    (Cannot run query--referenced object (name NAME NOT RECOVERABLE) dropped during query optimization)

The info on the sybase site says

"To workaround the error, statistics on the system table should be dropped and recreated using the 'delete statistics' and 'update statistics' commands. It is not necessary to do this for all of the system tables, only for the ones involved with the 225 message."

Please excuse my inexperience, but just what tables are invovled with my issue, syslogins only?

thanks,
    O.

Re: cannot run query--referenced object dropping during query optimization

Originally posted by Ova
    I am getting this error when I try to access logins.
    (Cannot run query--referenced object (name NAME NOT RECOVERABLE) dropped during query optimization)

The info on the sybase site says

"To workaround the error, statistics on the system table should be dropped and recreated using the 'delete statistics' and 'update statistics' commands. It is not necessary to do this for all of the system tables, only for the ones involved with the 225 message."
    Hiya Ova,

When you access any object, ASE would first look at syslogins to check if the object exists. This actually starts a whole chain of events when it touches a lot of other system tables.

Please excuse my inexperience, but just what tables are invovled with my issue, syslogins only?

I don't know the complete chain of events, but what this seems to indicate is that you might have to drop and re-create statistics on one of these other system tables that is the real culprit.

Check with Sybase Support, they might be able to give you a list of events that occur when you do a SELECT * from syslogins.
    Last edited by willy_and_the_ci; 05-29-03 at 18:35.

Re: cannot run query--referenced object dropping during query optimization

Ova

Can you post your SQL?

Russ

thanks

It was a problem with the statistics on an in house db.
    willy_and_the_ci was correct and I did have to go through a few dbs to find the cultprit.

thanks,
    Ova