Unanswered: DSN1COPY and DBID

Hello,

I have 915 tablespaces that I took from a backup and I have DSN1COPY them to a new location and new database. (DB2 v7 MVS os390) and I did the XLAT conversion to get the new DBID, PSID and OBID (from the source to the destination). When I did generate the JCL to create those dsn1copy, I made a mistake and I didn't put th right DBID but the right PSID and OBID.

We were suprised to see that everything worked fine (we can do select, update delete and insert), but if you do a TABLESPACES CHECK it says : no table found in tablespace. That sounds fine to me. We think that it might cause other problems. Anyways, my conserne is to fix those dbis and finnaly have a clean enviromment.

My other problem is it take over 260 dasd packs of data for those 915 tablespaces. The only way I see is to DSN1COPY from de source to a temp destination and change the DBID and then copy back the tablespace to the original place. But uste to manage witch one will be copied first and etc... will take a lot of time.

Their is anyway to change the dbid in the vsam file without copy the VSAM file itself?

P.S. Generating the JCL is not a problem with me.

I would check with BMC or Platinum to see if they have a utility that will do that Of course, it will cost you.

I have found a way to fix my problem. I will use the REPAIR utility.

Originally posted by Marcus_A
    I would check with BMC or Platinum to see if they have a utility that will do that Of course, it will cost you.