Unanswered: urgent tablespace stuck in load pending state

I have a SMS tablespace out of container space and it is stuck in load pending state. how can I add space and get it out of load pending state. how can I expand an SMS tablespace if it is stuck in load pending mode? I get errors SQL0290N Tablespace access not allowed

Re: urgent tablespace stuck in load pending state

Hi,

The possible solution is to terminate the load.

Since it is an SMS tablespace, the only way to add containers is to do redirected restore.

Thanks
    Sateesh

Originally posted by mixxalot
    I have a SMS tablespace out of container space and it is stuck in load pending state. how can I add space and get it out of load pending state. how can I expand an SMS tablespace if it is stuck in load pending mode? I get errors SQL0290N Tablespace access not allowed

Like Sateesh said you can terminate the load using the command
    db2atld -c <config-filename> -terminate. It should be run with the same id as the id which ran the initial stalled load.

You can add space to the filesystem on which the container resides. That would be one way. The issue with SMS tablespaces is you cannot add a container on a node which already contains the tablespace and, when one container fills up and you do have other containers on that node, those containers will not be used.

load emty table and quiesce tablespace

thanks folks

actually this has been a major problem for us especially during end of month. one of our developers gave me a script to load an empty table into the tables and to quiesce the tablespace to resolve the problem