Unanswered: Error Restore Db2 V7.2 To Db2 V8.1

ERROR RESTORE DB2 V7.2 TO DB2 V8.1

SQL2519N The database was restored but the restored database was not migrated
    to the current release. Error "-101" with tokens "" is returned.
    SQLSTATE=54001

THANKS!!!

Re: Error Restore Db2 V7.2 To Db2 V8.1

You can issue an explicit migrate command:

db2 migrate db DBNAME

make sure you have enough space in the log directory and the catalog file system.

Originally posted by zarconja
    ERROR RESTORE DB2 V7.2 TO DB2 V8.1

SQL2519N The database was restored but the restored database was not migrated
    to the current release. Error "-101" with tokens "" is returned.
    SQLSTATE=54001

THANKS!!!

Re: Error Restore Db2 V7.2 To Db2 V8.1

I had the same error, and applying fixpack 1 (2 is out now) took care of it.

I will be upgrading V7 Databases to V8 then almost immediately to V9 . Should I apply the latest fixpack to V8?

you will atleast have to have a version past fixpack 1 although getting the most recent one may be sticky point in v8. I believe starting in fixpack 7 ,if im remembering a couple years ago correctly, starting with fp 7 it technically became v8.2 rather then v8.1 so there was some level of path that had to be followed, for example i dont think you can go straight from fixpack 1 to 14 for example but its been a while.

i do remember from this upgrade, i was not able to migrate databases from 7 to 8 under 8's fixpack 1.

Having a hard time finding the old fixpacks for v 8.1

can anyone provide a link?

Do you own an iPhone? Is it worth the money to get one?

Hi,

I've had a WAP phone ever since they came out, the WAP Internet was too expensive and rubbish to really interest me, it only ever gets used for downloading things like ring tones. and I haven't ever used a phone that access's the real Internet like an iPhone. Personally I don't think I'd use it as there's nothing I do on the Internet that couldn't wait until I got home, some of the applications that help you find places near you look helpful though. Unless it's essential for your work I really can't see any other reason for having the Internet on your mobile, and most people have a laptop anyway these days.

I look forward to all your replies. If I posted this is the wrong section I apologize.

Peace

Provided Answers: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jrichardson
    Having a hard time finding the old fixpacks for v 8.1

can anyone provide a link?
    Try here:

IBM - DB2 UDB Version 8 FixPaks and clients

Andy