Cool Unanswered: Linked Server Security

I am attempting to return a recordset to an ASP application using a stored procedure.

The stored procedure uses a JOIN to a linked server.

The recordset is returned without issue when I call the stored procedure from Query Analyzer on my system.

However, when I attempt to run the ASP page ( from a remote IIS ) I get the following error:

OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' does not contain table '"Customer"."dbo"."Cusfil"'.

Customer.dbo.Cusfil is the address of the linked table. And the server name is included in the SELECT statement of the stored procedure.

Obviously a security issue.

Can someone provide some help?

Thanks, Paul

San Francisco, CA
    I am moving this thread to the SQL Server thread as it is likley to be a permissions problem

Re: Linked Server Security

Paul - you need to use a four-part name... see below.

We normally "mask" our linked servers in a view then reference the view on the proc.

"OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' does not contain table '"Customer"."dbo"."Cusfil"'."

from BOL -

After a linked server is defined, a four-part name in the form linked_server_name.catalog.schema.object_name can be used in Transact-SQL statements to reference data objects in that linked server. The table describes the parts of a four-part name.