Unanswered: 'Could not update; currently locked' message

Any ideas why I might be getting this error message when trying to delete a row out of a table through a form? The form's data is a query which joins two tables. I have similar setups on other forms and am able to delete records. Any ideas?

Provided Answers: 5
    a one to many relationship without cascading deletes would cause you to not be able to delete from the "primary" side of the record. Need more info though

what causes the delete or (no delete in this case) to occurr - a query, code from a command button?

Originally posted by axsprog
    a one to many relationship without cascading deletes would cause you to not be able to delete from the "primary" side of the record. Need more info though

what causes the delete or (no delete in this case) to occurr - a query, code from a command button?
    I think that's enough info for me to continue to research, but just fyi, I'm doing the delete by selecting the row on a sub-form datasheet and then hitting the delete key.

Provided Answers: 5
    subform probably has a join (in the query) to the primary table - you do not need it really in the subform if you are just looking at related data.