Unanswered: DB2 Authority Report

How would you build system wide report to combine all the data from the DB2 system catalog function IDs, who has what and what it can do? The DB2 has the information on what one function ID can do, but it is by single subsystem.

Is this a mainframe report?
    I would use EZT+ or some dynamic reporting language to create remote connections to each subsystem. During each subsystem connection, run SQL against the system catalog to report all ID's and authorities... If you use OS groups, the only way I found to report them is to actually load the group member data into tables - a little tricky - would be even harder for multiple subsystems....

It is an idea for you anyway - may help somehow....
    Rick

Yes its mainframe...

Originally posted by Rick-dba
    Is this a mainframe report?
    I would use EZT+ or some dynamic reporting language to create remote connections to each subsystem. During each subsystem connection, run SQL against the system catalog to report all ID's and authorities... If you use OS groups, the only way I found to report them is to actually load the group member data into tables - a little tricky - would be even harder for multiple subsystems....

It is an idea for you anyway - may help somehow....
    Rick

ok - If you need more information on this just let me know. Or, if you find a better way - share that with everyone.
    Thanks,
    Rick

Yeah I need more information on that. Would I be able to store that info into one table?

Sure, If I'll find out I'll share with everyone, np.

Originally posted by Rick-dba
    ok - If you need more information on this just let me know. Or, if you find a better way - share that with everyone.
    Thanks,
    Rick

sure you could store the info in one table.....

I would develop the new table first and populate it locally (from the current subsystem) - then work on remote population..... Do you use EasyTrieve Plus?

Might go something like this:
    1) Create the new data warehouse security table just like SYSIBM.SYSTABAUTH (might want to add a "LAST_UPDT_DATE - default current date column)
    2) Write dynamic query language program to perform select into flat file to be loaded into new table:
    SELECT <all columns?> FROM SYSIBM.SYSTABAUTH
    WHERE ....... (GRANTEE LIKE 'FS%'?).. depends on your situation - may be no where clause....
    3) Once your program is working locally, add disconnect/connect to other subsystem(s) and perform the "select into flat file" until all subsystems have been processed
    4) After capturing all security data (results from each select against SYSIBM.SYSTABAUTH) - re-connect to local subsystem and load the new replace the new table.....

Help any?