Question Unanswered: How to install oracle 9i on suse 7.1?

I need patches?
    Where i can find the patches?
    There is some special step to do before or during the instalation??
    Thanxs by your suport...

Re: How to install oracle 9i on suse 7.1?

You can find everything at http://www.oracle.com/linux

and database patches at http://otn.oracle.com/software/produ...i/content.html

HTH !!

Originally posted by paddawall
    I need patches?
    Where i can find the patches?
    There is some special step to do before or during the instalation??
    Thanxs by your suport...

No, they not...

Oracle ever be a little "little" with his technical guides...
    They only offer a vegue and reduced guide of steps to do when installing oracle.
    Now, i have suse 7.1, and they only offer suppor for suse 8.0 server, or redhat advanced server...
    To go in oracle resourses results me a big time losse.
    Now i really need help with this stuff....

I tried to install oracle, i have configurated the kernel parameters, get the blackdown java 1.1.8_v3, created the users and groups, etc.

BUT when i start to install oracle, crashes without any message, after selecting the packages to instal.

What's going on here?
    what i am missing?

Maybe this: Now, i have suse 7.1, and they only offer support for suse 8.0 server!!!

Which version of Oracle 9i are you trying to install? Although it is only officially supported on SuSE 8.0 Server you should be able to install it on SuSE 7.1. I've been running Oracle 9.2.0.1 on SuSE 7.3 for several months now without any problems.

A good source of info from SuSE is

http://www.suse.de/en/business/certi...ftware/oracle/

In particular if you follow the link to Useful add on software, there is a really nice orarun.rpm file you can download which provides a really nice set of startup scripts for oracle, just make sure you download the correct version for your distribution.

For trying to resolve the setup program crashes have you looked in the oraInventory directory created by the Oracle installer for logs?

On my system in $ORACLE_BASE/oraInventory/logs there are several log files which provide lots of diagnostic information about what the setup program is doing. If you look at these, you should be able to see what caused the installer to crash.

Hope this helps,

Chris

THANX!!!!!

really, chrissyspill.
    That works wonderfull. In fact, is less trouble that installing in redhat...
    Thank You!!!