Exclamation Unanswered: Filter form by specific date from text box

All I need to do is filter all records in the table by a specific project start date that will be typed in by the user in the text box.

Should I use lostfocus, change or what function.

And how would I go about filtering the records with that specific date that was inputted??

Can someone please help me...
    Thank you

Re: Filter form by specific date from text box

I usually add a button that performs the filter action with its Click event.

Filtering on dates is a bit cumbersome, the filter string should be something like:
    "ProjectStartDate = #" & Format(CDate(txtDate),"mm/dd/yyyy") & "#"

Irrespective of you regional settings, you always have to use the American date format in Access SQL and VB/VBA.

Originally posted by sokol18
    All I need to do is filter all records in the table by a specific project start date that will be typed in by the user in the text box.

Should I use lostfocus, change or what function.

And how would I go about filtering the records with that specific date that was inputted??

Can someone please help me...
    Thank you

Well here is a query by form example using TWO dates as criteria:

Have a form perhaps called MyForm with the following 2 controls:
    ctrDateMin
    ctrDateMax

And have a command button on the form to open the report with something like the following code behind the OnClick property:
    DoCmd OpenReport "MyReport", A_PREVIEW
    DoCmd Maximize

Of course the form could also have a command button to open another form with something like the following code behind the OnClick property:
    DoCmd OpenForm "MyOtherForm"
    DoCmd Maximize

Base the report on a query. In the query's criteria for the date field perhaps put in something like the following:
    Between [Forms]![MyForm]![ctrDateMin] And [Forms]![MyForm]![ctrDateMax]

And of course if the command button were opening a form instead of a report, the form could also be based on the same query or a similar one.
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

Re: Filter form by specific date from text box

Thank you Ad, you were very helpful, and yes it was a bit cumbersome until you told me the proper format... thanks again

Originally posted by Ad Dieleman
    I usually add a button that performs the filter action with its Click event.

Filtering on dates is a bit cumbersome, the filter string should be something like:
    "ProjectStartDate = #" & Format(CDate(txtDate),"mm/dd/yyyy") & "#"

Irrespective of you regional settings, you always have to use the American date format in Access SQL and VB/VBA.