Unanswered: need realtime record counter

Hope I can explain this well...
    We register students for their classes using a register-by-student form and subform. We need a "real-time" counter for each class to show us how many students are registered for the class. The counter would increment each time a student is registered for each class

I think using the DCOUNT function might work, but I can't figure out how to get it to return a count of the particular class I am registering the student into at the moment.

TIA for any ideas!

Bill N.

Re: need realtime record counter

Something like

DCount("Student_Id","YourTable","Class = '" & strClass & "'")

The first argument is preferably the primary key of the table, because it never is NULL; the third argument narrows down the count to the class where you want to count the students for.

Originally posted by Bill Nelson
    Hope I can explain this well...
    We register students for their classes using a register-by-student form and subform. We need a "real-time" counter for each class to show us how many students are registered for the class. The counter would increment each time a student is registered for each class

I think using the DCOUNT function might work, but I can't figure out how to get it to return a count of the particular class I am registering the student into at the moment.

TIA for any ideas!

Bill N.