Unanswered: customizing menus

I have a simple logon form for the database. It "hides" when the user logs on so I can reference the logon form later. It currently makes form items enabled or disabled, invisible or invisible based on the logged on user. I also have customized menu bars. Is there a way to lock out certain items in the menus based on the logged on user?

Yes certainly

never did it but am sure each menu item has runtime enabled/ disabled status settings

hope this helps
    qha_vn

First create a macro that restricts whatever you want to restrict. Then go to the menu bar on the form you have selected for the form you are working on. Click on tools/customize/toolbars. Left click on the menu item on the menu item you want to restrict. Then right click. Go to properties. Go to the on action dropdown box and select the restriction macro you have written.

Re: customizing menus

Originally posted by leeroy
    I have a simple logon form for the database. It "hides" when the user logs on so I can reference the logon form later. It currently makes form items enabled or disabled, invisible or invisible based on the logged on user. I also have customized menu bars. Is there a way to lock out certain items in the menus based on the logged on user?

I have captured the login from an Access Workgroup and stored this in a Global variable - would this be better than a separate 'hidden' form? - That way you can just use the global variable in your code that locks/unlocks controls rather than referring back to the form. I'm sure you can put a simple check function in a general module, and call this when each menu item function is called to see if the function should be allowed to run. Can send code involved if you like.