Unanswered: fastest oracle export -> mysql import

Does anyone know the fastest way to export a table from Oracle to mysql? I'm currently doing it via ADO and Oracle OCI calls but for a table consisting of ~139 million records, it takes around 14 hours. Is there a way to do a dump from Oracle and then import the dump file (csv, etc...) into mysql? I know how to do the mysql csv import, it's the Oracle export I'm having trouble with. Using Oracle 8.0.5.

- Future thanks.

-- Damon

Provided Answers: 1

Re: fastest oracle export -> mysql import

Originally posted by damonnew
    Does anyone know the fastest way to export a table from Oracle to mysql? I'm currently doing it via ADO and Oracle OCI calls but for a table consisting of ~139 million records, it takes around 14 hours. Is there a way to do a dump from Oracle and then import the dump file (csv, etc...) into mysql? I know how to do the mysql csv import, it's the Oracle export I'm having trouble with. Using Oracle 8.0.5.

- Future thanks.

-- Damon
    Yep... Check out the LOAD DATA syntax.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/LOAD_DATA.html

Hope this helps.

Re: fastest oracle export -> mysql import

Originally posted by damonnew

- Future thanks.

-- Damon

NetSoftDB: http://www.mycgiserver.com/~ipnetdevelop/
    Free dbtool for Oracle, MS SQl Server & mySQL
    DO export to a file, import from file or ODBC and more....
    Also can import direct from Oracle to mysql with the ODBC import utility.