Got a strange thing happening, any comments are appreciated:
1) 4 CPU server
2) CPU's 0 & 2 are usually below 15% or so utilization (Perfmon, Task Manager)
3) CPU's 1 & 3 are usually nearly maxed out above 90%
4) Two SQL threads of over 80 threads in Perfmon show almost constant 90% Processor Time
5) Processor affinity in Server Properties is checked to use all four processors
6) Hyper-threading is not enabled
7) SQL Server priority is checked on HIGH
8) Dedicated SQL Server
Anybody know how to track down what those specific threads are executing? Any ideas, anybody? Thanks for the help!
Satya, thanks for the reply, and the link to the highly useful web site. I was able to trace the thread activity using Perfmon and sysprocesses; successfully killed a couple non-responsive threads and things returned to normal. I appreciate the help!