Thread: Output problem

Unanswered: Output problem

when I use the select statement to display the rows, if the table has too many number of attributes..some attributes do not appear within the vicinity..like I have to drag the scroll bar in the bottom, is there any way to print all the attributes within the boundaries of the SQL window.

Thank You.

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Output problem

Originally posted by Smoove
    when I use the select statement to display the rows, if the table has too many number of attributes..some attributes do not appear within the vicinity..like I have to drag the scroll bar in the bottom, is there any way to print all the attributes within the boundaries of the SQL window.

Thank You.
    In SQL Plus? There are various commands to format the output, like:

COLUMN ename FORMAT A10
    -- that will reduce width of ename to 10 chars

COLUMN ename NEWLINE
    -- you guessed it!

Look at the COLUMN and SET commands in the SQL Plus Reference manual for lots more ideas.

Re: Output problem

You could set the linesize that approx fits the window but then the ouput is all messed up. I personally prefer to scroll the bar in the bottom because I can see the values exact below the column.

set linesize 80

Originally posted by Smoove

Thank You.

Thanks.