Unanswered: DB2 control center on Windows XP.

Hi,

We have a DB-UDB v7.2 server on AIX. The control center is very slow on AIX so I want to install the control center on my PC on windows xp.
    Where can I download the software for the control center, and instructions on how to install and setup.

Thanks.

You want the DB2 Administrative Client. It comes with the DB2 AIX software you already installed and can be selected as an install option (by itself or with the database server). You might look at your DB2 AIX installation CD to see whether it includes a Windows version of the Administrative Client.

I don't know if it is sold separately (from the server software), and it does not appear that you can purchase any DB2 version 7 software online at the IBM US site. I don't see it listed as separate product in the DB2 version 8 IBM US download site.

The software is written in Java, and runs a bit slow on all platforms, so I don't know if you will be any more happy with it running on a remote Windows client.

As Marcus suggested, check your CDs .. You might have a Windows Admin Client CD ...

If you own a server license clients are free ....

If you do not have them, order for your CDs through your IBM Agent or download them from
    http://www-3.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/...oad.d2w/report

HTH

Originally posted by Marcus_A
    You want the DB2 Administrative Client. It comes with the DB2 AIX software you already installed and can be selected as an install option (by itself or with the database server). You might look at your DB2 AIX installation CD to see whether it includes a Windows version of the Administrative Client.

I don't know if it is sold separately (from the server software), and it does not appear that you can purchase any DB2 version 7 software online at the IBM US site. I don't see it listed as separate product in the DB2 version 8 IBM US download site.

The software is written in Java, and runs a bit slow on all platforms, so I don't know if you will be any more happy with it running on a remote Windows client.

Does anyone have any IBM links that state that the Clients are free install with the server software? I have been trying to find ANY decent licensing info on the IBM site to no avail.