Unanswered: Transaction through API problem

I am using PostgreSQL 7.2.3-5.80. I can initiate transactions and rollback perfectly fine from within psql. However, I cannot successfully rollback from within my application.

I've captured the calls my Kylix application is making (I rewrote the DataSetProvider component so that it no longer issues automatic transactions - otherwise it closes any open transactions when the automatic transaction starts). They are attached to this post in a text file.

This problem has had me stymied for a week and a half and I am desperate for any help. All the commands look fine. I've tried them with and without ";" on the end. I've tried upper case and lower case. I am desperate for help and would appreciate any input. Thanks - John
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Transaction through API problem

Originally posted by John Sullivan
    I am using PostgreSQL 7.2.3-5.80. I can initiate transactions and rollback perfectly fine from within psql. However, I cannot successfully rollback from within my application.

I've captured the calls my Kylix application is making (I rewrote the DataSetProvider component so that it no longer issues automatic transactions - otherwise it closes any open transactions when the automatic transaction starts). They are attached to this post in a text file.

This problem has had me stymied for a week and a half and I am desperate for any help. All the commands look fine. I've tried them with and without ";" on the end. I've tried upper case and lower case. I am desperate for help and would appreciate any input. Thanks - John
    I can't help you with your problem, but maybe you can help me get past the "invalid username/password" message I get when trying to connect Kylix to Pgsql. I have checked pg_hba.conf and I have reset passwords to be sure I am using the right ones, but nothing seems to make any difference.