Unanswered: DB2 DB migration to new RS6000 hardware

We are planning to move all of our DB2 7.2 UDB EEE databases to the new RS6000 p690 servers next month. Would it be wise to just upgrade to 8.1 DB2 UDB and copy over the 7.2 DB2 databases or should we just stick to our current DB2 7.2 version and just run a DB2 clone database to the new hardware and upgrade at a later date? I ran db2look to get all the db config ddl structures and we have the data backed up onto tivoli storage manager in case we need to recover. What other issues do I need to consider with a DB2 database move to new hardware? Thanks gurus

Scott

Re: DB2 DB migration to new RS6000 hardware

I would suggest to stick with DB2 V7 for now .... If you move to V8 during the move, there will be two variables, hardware and software version ...

Ideally, there should not be any problems with moving hardware, but you never know ...

HTH

Sathyaram

Originally posted by mixxalot
    We are planning to move all of our DB2 7.2 UDB EEE databases to the new RS6000 p690 servers next month. Would it be wise to just upgrade to 8.1 DB2 UDB and copy over the 7.2 DB2 databases or should we just stick to our current DB2 7.2 version and just run a DB2 clone database to the new hardware and upgrade at a later date? I ran db2look to get all the db config ddl structures and we have the data backed up onto tivoli storage manager in case we need to recover. What other issues do I need to consider with a DB2 database move to new hardware? Thanks gurus

Scott