Unanswered: Viewing SQL-Generated Data in a Label

Hello-

I'm wondering if anyone would know how to get data to show up in a label caption based on SQL statements that are stored in String values. For example, I have a label name testLabel and I'm using the following SQL statement to pull information from a table and input it into the label:

Private Const strSQL1 = "SELECT Field1 FROM Table1 WHERE Column = 'Testing Testing'"

Is there any way to get the Value of that String to appear in a Label somehow?

This is what I tried:
    Me!testLabel.Caption = strSQL1

And I also tried:
    Me!testLabel.Value = strSQL1

I've tried to assign that statement to the caption and value properties, but that only puts the literal "SELECT Field1 FROM Table1 WHERE Column = 'Testing Testing'" result of the String--not the value itself. I never get the value to show up in the label, only the SELECT statement. This is my second attempt at this because the first time I tried using a List Box and got the data there, but there was another problem with that I ran into. Let me know if you have any ideas at all. I'm using Access 97 too. Thanks much!

littlemadfox

Not sure why you would want to put the result in a label? Can you not put the results in the control source of a text box?

I wasn't sure what the best way to do this was. If that would be a good way to do it, or simply a better way, could you explain how I would do that? I'd appreciate it!