Unanswered: Can't get the right SQL syntax

I made countless references with SQL books, and Access still reports some syntax errors, or "missing parameter"... Hope some of you to help.
    -----
    sqlText1 = "SELECT ProgramId, CourseId FROM ProgramDetails WHERE ProgramId = Me.ProgramId;"

sqlText2 = "SELECT StudentId, ProgramId FROM Registrations WHERE ProgramId > 0 AND StudentId = Me.StudentId;"
    -----------

Also could someone explain me why some of the pros suggest to use "SELECT Table.Field1, Table.Field2 FROM Table" instead of
    "SELECT Field1, Field2 FROM Table". At least the SQL books I looked at, this is not a requirement.

Thanks for your help
    Jazz

Hey Jazz,

Two things, one - instead of using Me.YourField, try using the better Forms!YourFormName!StudentID. That way you can use the code from anywhere. Second - try adding something like this to your statements:

SELECT field FROM table WHERE(field = " & Forms!YourForm!Field & ");

This is for Integer data types. If its text, try this:

SELECT field FROM table WHERE(field = """ & Forms!YourForm!Field & """);

Let me know if this helps,
    Kal

Thanks Cal,

That is a good advice.

While waiting I think I got the syntax. I use now:

sqlText1 = "SELECT ProgramId, CourseId FROM ProgramDetails WHERE CourseId =" & Me.CourseId

sqlText2 = "SELECT StudentId, ProgramId FROM Registrations WHERE NOT ProgramId Is Null AND StudentId =" & Me.StudentId

and Access doesn't report any errs.

However I run into more troubles. Please see my other post.

Jazz