Question Unanswered: Is there a way to create forms in SQL Server 2000...

that can be saved as a web page so that multiple users can log in over a network and make changes to the SQL database. If so how is this done.
    Last edited by Sean_Roussel; 06-10-03 at 17:20.

Question I also would like to know this...

I really need to know how this is done as well. If anyone has the answer to this question it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to assist.

Re: Is there a way to create forms in SQL Server 2000...

Hi,

i found the following article on planet-source-code. i didnt test is, but it seems to be what you are looking for.

myLittleAdmin is the most advanced and robuste web-based MS SQL and MSDE database administration tool. It will allow you to check all objects of your databases.
    Link to planet-source-code

Question Thank you msieben

Thank you msieben...

Thank you for your helpful reply, This tool will prove usefull and I will certainly look into this tool for other tasks I need to do.

However after reading the features etc. It does not seem to have the ability to create forms in SQL which can then be viewed via the WEB and allow user input/update/searches etc.

Would anyone happen to know of a way and/or a tool which can be used to design/create forms in SQL which can then be published on the WEB.
    PLEASE any information on how-to do this would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you all so much in advance

I believe SQL may not help you 100% in this matter, may be you need to cater the solution by using Access or VB as front-end and take help of SQL for database.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

Ok

I tried in Access creating a form and saving it as an htm page but if i access it over the network, it doesnt connect to my db.

May check this MSDN link for details and to create form using METADATA.

And this http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnacc2k/html/acaccessprojects.asp]MSDN page[/URL] for using Access projects for forms.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

k

VB & Access may give u solutions - but what you should be thinking is

SQLServer 2k (@ mo anyway) is a Database - not a Client GUI Provider

You are going to need something to build yer front end

You'll Find SQL will plug into it somewhere

GW
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein
    "Everything should be made as complex as possible, so I look Cleverer." - Application Developer