Thread: Clustered Index

Unanswered: Clustered Index

Hi,
    I want to create a clustered (Index Organised Table ) index on an existing table.. How do i do that ? I dont want to drop and re-create the table, since its in prod.Is there anyway we can do this using Alter Table / Alter Index ?. Can anyone give me a solution/suggestion. Thanks in Advance.
    Regards
    Dinesh Sankaran

Re: Clustered Index

As far as I know, you will have to create a cluster table and then a cluster index on it.

http://technet.oracle.com/doc/oracle...h4e6.htm#13140

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by dineshyadav
    Hi,
    I want to create a clustered (Index Organised Table ) index on an existing table.. How do i do that ? I dont want to drop and re-create the table, since its in prod.Is there anyway we can do this using Alter Table / Alter Index ?. Can anyone give me a solution/suggestion. Thanks in Advance.
    Regards
    Dinesh Sankaran

Question

Cluster indexs/tables are something different than Index Organized tables. Clusters are groups of one or more tables/indexes physically stored together because they share common columns and are often used together. Because related rows are physically stored together, disk access time improves.

With IOT you have data blocks for ONE table stored in a index B-tree structure.

Which one of these you want to implement?

Hope that helps,

clio_usa - OCP - DBA

dbaclick.com