Unanswered: Using FTP.exe in DTS

I have a FTP batch file which I call from DTS package. It all works fine when I right click on the package and execute it now. However when I schedule it, it comes with following error :

Step Error Description:CreateProcessTask 'DTSTask_DTSCreateProcessTask_1': Process returned code 2, which does not match the specified SuccessReturnCode of 0.
    Step Error code: 80040496
    Step Error Help File:sqldts80.hlp
    Step Error Help Context ID:4900

Please does anyone know why it does this ?

Make sure the SQLAgent service account has necessary privileges to carry the DTS tasks while using FTP on the box.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

Re: Using FTP.exe in DTS

Originally posted by shahid123
    I have a FTP batch file which I call from DTS package. It all works fine when I right click on the package and execute it now. However when I schedule it, it comes with following error :

Step Error Description:CreateProcessTask 'DTSTask_DTSCreateProcessTask_1': Process returned code 2, which does not match the specified SuccessReturnCode of 0.
    Step Error code: 80040496
    Step Error Help File:sqldts80.hlp
    Step Error Help Context ID:4900

Please does anyone know why it does this ?
    You can also check if the ID setup to run SQL Agent is a Domain ID or not. If it is a DOMAIN ID, then you could check if that ID has access to run FTP or not. You might also want to check if the user has access to create or modify access to the directory where the ftp is running.

I would suggest you logging by either of the following or both of following :

1. Right Click in the DTS Designer mode inside the package, and give a log file in the logging.

2. If this is a scheduled package, Right Click on the job and specify LOG file.

The above two methods will help you to see whats happending on the backgroud in a text file.

Good Luck.
    Murali.