Unanswered: Setting up notification for jobs

I have a job scheduled that I would like to set up two different notifications, one for when the job is successful and another for when the job fails and send each notification to a different email address. I do not see any apparent way of doing this from Enterprise manager as it seems to only allow one notification at a time. Does anyone know if there is a way I can set up two different notifications for one job?

Re: Setting up notification for jobs

In your job add two new steps (one that coorresponds to quit_with_success, the other to quit_with_falure). Include SQL statements to notify different operators to these steps, and force your job to execute one of them (see job-properties-steps-edit-advanced : on success action & on failure action).
    Hope it helps!

Originally posted by lisa.shores
    I have a job scheduled that I would like to set up two different notifications, one for when the job is successful and another for when the job fails and send each notification to a different email address. I do not see any apparent way of doing this from Enterprise manager as it seems to only allow one notification at a time. Does anyone know if there is a way I can set up two different notifications for one job?
    Steve

Re: Setting up notification for jobs

Originally posted by dbadelphes
    In your job add two new steps (one that coorresponds to quit_with_success, the other to quit_with_falure). Include SQL statements to notify different operators to these steps, and force your job to execute one of them (see job-properties-steps-edit-advanced : on success action & on failure action).
    Hope it helps!

Thank you! That works like a charm.

May be this is out of topic, but still make sure to refer to books online for such information,it helps.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]