Unanswered: reading xml outlook email into access

How would I go about creating an Access DB that will read a particular folder in Outlook, strip out the email, parse the xml (the email messages are in xml), insert the values into a table, and then move the email to the Deleted Items folder?

What I'm really looking for is reference material. I've looked in Help and searched this forum to no avail.

Any help is appreciated!

-Tim

not sure if it works on xml messages but one thing you can give a try is that ms access has driver for outlook folder, that means you can link a table to any folder in outlook. you can try the link and see if you can do anything from that.

hope this helps
    qha_vn

Thanks for the reply, Qha_vn.

Hmm... It's easy to import a folder from Outlook to Access but how do I "link" to the folder?

Now that I've imported the table, the 'contents' column has the body of the email and I need to know how to read out the XML. Any ideas, anyone?

OK, completely disregard my first question in my last post (re: linking to an Outlook folder) I figured out how to click File | Get External Data | Link Tables and find my Outlook folder.

But I'd still like to know how to read out the XML from my email...

Thanks!