Unhappy Unanswered: OpenSaveFile in Subform - HELP!!!!!

Hi there,
    Thanks for looking at my problem.
    Over the past five months I made various postings about this database which I am trying to create for myself (Im a student). And although I have made some progress (very, very slow) I have got stuck with this specific problem for about three months now. I am working on a scaled down version of the db at the moment but it is driving me nuts because it just isn't very effective. I have to type in all the files manually which is a nightmare if you have 100s of files.

I have posted this problem twice before but unfortunately nobody seemed to be able to help me so I thought as a last resort I am going to attach a simplified version of my database so you can see the problem first hand.

THE PROBLEM:
    I have the MainForm called 'frmMainMenu' in which I have a Subform called 'frmHistory'. Those two forms are linked via 'CompID' which is in text format and the 'HistID' which is also in text format.

Within the 'frmHistory' I have created an 'OpenSaveFile' so I can attach and open relevant files to the 'History' (they are generally press cuttings).

This is how it should work:
    1. One company creates multiple history data. - THIS WORKS FINE -

2. To every history data you attach multiple files via 'OpenSaveFile'.
    - THIS IS THE PART THAT DOESN'T WORK. WHAT HAPPENS IS THAT FILES ATTACHED FOR ONE OF THE HISTORY RECORDS (EG: HISTORY RECORD '01') JUST GETS TAKEN OVER BY ALL THE FOLLOWING RECORDS (EG: HISTORY RECORD '02' ETC.......)
    I DO NOT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO LINK THE RELEVANT FILES TO THE SPECIFIC HISTORY DATA. -

Just can't get this to work & help would be very much appreciated.

Attached the sample db in 97 & 2000 format.

Thx in advance

Alex
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Hight; 06-15-03 at 13:53.

97 Version

Here is the 97 version of the db.

Thx again

Alex
    Attached Files Attached Files

Question

Can anybody help me? Although I am using a very scaled down version of what I actually wanted I am still trying to crack this problem. Anybody with any thoughts?

Thx

Alex