Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003

    Unhappy Unanswered: ADO Error 2147467259 with ASP

    I just installed Oracle Client version on a Win2k server. I have a VB6 and an ASP app with the same code. Both run fine on my Win2k desktop. The VB6 code runs fine on the Win2k server. My ASP app, however, displays the following message when I try to open the connection (cn.Open) on the server:

    Error -2147467259 - Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation. Provider is unable to function until these components are installed

    I reinstalled and got the same error. I have every available option installed, including the OLE DB driver. I'm using the MSDAORA.1 driver in the connection string.

    Any ideas? Thanks.
    Last edited by billmelater44; 06-15-03 at 20:36.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    only guesses:

    I had figured out that Oracle9i clt and 7.3 clt don't like each other.

    download filemon.exe from sysinternals and let you show which DLLs are unresolved ...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2003



    Thanks for your input.

    A DBA at my work just sent me the fix. It's a simple matter of right-clicking the oracle home folder and selecting Properties > Security. Under authenticated users, you uncheck and recheck the "Read and Execute" checkbox, then click Apply. It's an Oracle bug that's fixed with the latest patch, which I haven't yet applied.
    Last edited by billmelater44; 06-16-03 at 17:22.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts