Unanswered: DMS container running out of paging space

We have a problem on a couple of our DB2 databases- several tablespaces (DMS based) run out of paging space on a regular basis. When I tried to remedy the problem by adding file based new containers I noticed something quite odd- the paging space is at zero! But when we add a raw device based storage container to our DMS tablespace that ran out of paging space we have no problems. Any suggestions why this happens? Thanks.

Scott

It will be helpful if you can explain what you mean by a DMS tabelspace ran out of paging space. What are you seeing in the diag? What are the problems that you are encountering?

quest central tool for monitor DB2 page space

We are using the Quest Central for DB2 tool to monitor and manage our tablespaces since we have 100+ tablespaces for our 2TB DB2 production database. I will check the db2diag.log and db2alert.log file to review and sync up. We have a hunch that the reason why our DMS tablespaces ran out of paging space lies in the fact that several containers associated with each tablespace our file based versus raw volumes in AIX. Still researching why this is the case. For now we went back to adding additional space to our DMS tablespaces with raw volumes on AIX to avoid this problem.