Unanswered: S/W reinstallation

I have decided to reinstall the original s/w version of 8.1.7.0, since i have applied a patch of 8.1.7.4 on it & after that my XML pages r not generating. I want to ask that, the Replication is configured on my Oracle DB. If i reinstall the s/w will I have to again configure the replication.

Re: S/W reinstallation

Originally posted by sadiq31279
    I have decided to reinstall the original s/w version of 8.1.7.0, since i have applied a patch of 8.1.7.4 on it & after that my XML pages r not generating. I want to ask that, the Replication is configured on my Oracle DB. If i reinstall the s/w will I have to again configure the replication.

I don't think you can do what you are proposing. Applying a patchset, like 8.1.7.4, requires making changes to the data dictionary. You can not just re-install 8.1.7.0 and start the 8.1.7.4 database with that version of software. Actually, I am not sure how to uninstall a patch-set upgrade from a database.

If you insist on falling back, you could restore the backup you made right before you did the upgrade. If you didn't make a backupt, you can create a clean 8.1.7.0 database and do an export from the 8.1.7.4 database and import into the 8.1.7.0 database.

If it were me, I'd make sure that I definitely knew why something quit working after I installed the patchset and also make sure that I can't fix it.

As for replication, it should work after the export/import. Since I don't know about uninstalling a patchset, I can't say for sure what would happen if you tried.

HTH,
    Patrick