Question Unanswered: TAPE LIMIT on dbexport?

I am trying to perform a dbexport to tape, but we have more than 2 GB of data. Is this possible to do? I am moving the database from 9.21.UC3 to 9.30.UC2. (raw disk with LVM and striping)..

I am 'moving' the current database to a new server, but do not want to keep the same dbspaces and table locking methods. Therefore I cannot use the onload/onunload utilities since I need to edit the schema.

I cannot perform the dbexport to disk since we do not have the room and the dbexport aborts.

Are my only 2 options below?

1. doing the individual unloads and unloading the large tables in increments
    2. using onload, create the exact same database structure on the new server; then perform a dbexport from this databse which will allow me to modify the schema, create the 'final' databse and finally load all data from the 'replica' to the modified database via dbimport?

Hi Jenifer,

I think your problem lies in teh new feature for IDS 9.40.

Prior to this version, every 'tool', except onbar has a physical limit of 2GB. The tools that were 'affected' were dbexport, onunload, unload, onstat, onmode, oncheck, ontape, ....

9.40 fixes this problem - So I think the best option you have is do a very easy migration to IDS 9.40 and every export over 2GB will work.